You've found the rules!
Please take time to read and understand all of our rules. These are in place to protect the server and community. It is important that they are followed at all times across all of our platforms (Discord, Forum, In-game).
These rules are subject to change. It is your responsibility for keeping up-to-date with any changes made.
Client modifications: The use of any client modifications that give an unfair advantage to the game, including scripts, are against the rules. However, we do have a few exceptions for specific mods. More info can be found here. Gameplay:
- Players with inappropriate Minecraft usernames will NOT be accepted on to Vanilla Tyme, unless the name is changed.
- Any player found to have lied on their application prior to, or after being accepted, are subject to an immediate ban.
Committing any of the aforementioned offenses could result in a ban. Spawn: Vanilla Tyme spawn extends 1000 blocks in all directions from x0 / z0 and in Semi-Vanilla Tyme spawn extends 500 blocks in all directions from x0 / z0. Building and resource gathering at spawn is only permitted in designated areas or with staff approval.End: When wearing an elytra, you must travel north. This will give new players without an elytra a chance to explore and collect in the other direction.Nether: All portals generated in the Nether are to be at 115 on the y-axis and must sync properly with your portal in the Overworld. Your nether portal must connect to the closest main tunnel and can not have side tunnels. If the tunnel you need is already taken, you must contact the person or staff to share the tunnel. Tunnels cannot exceed the max width and height of 5×5; this includes the walls, floor and roof. Personal hubs must be on the nether roof and are restricted to your personal base (750x750 in the overworld).Bases: Bases shall not exceed 750 blocks squared (750×750) in size. Ensure your base is marked with signs or a border. Prior to claiming your base, thoroughly scout the area, including caves, to ensure the area isn’t already claimed. Use common sense. If someone has crops planted, livestock in pens, etc., it’s obvious the area is inhabited. If you are in doubt, contact a staff member.Market: Players are required to read the Market Rules before starting their own Market Stall. Click on the "Market Rules" tab for rules and information.Contributing to lag: No iron titans, chunk loaders, mega item sorters, or excessively large redstone builds. Mob farms must have an on/off switch where possible. AFKing at mob farms is allowed, assuming it has an on/off switch and a kill switch. All bases, whether they are single player or shared between multiple players, may only have a maximum of 100 animals and 100 villagers. Auto collection utilizing minecarts or hoppers shall be limited to as few as possible. Guardian farms cannot exceed 20X20X20 in size (This refers to the Guardian spawning area).
- No griefing or stealing.
- Griefing is causing damage or harm in any way to another player or property not belonging to you. Stealing is taking something that does not belong to you.
- No trolling
- No PvP unless both parties consent.
- No using a game bug or glitch intentionally to advance yourself.
- Any discovered bug should be reported in the Support section on our Discord.
- No scripts, including ones that will log you back in-game while AFKing.
Staff reserve the right to ensure lag is minimized.Inactivity: After 30 days of not logging in, a player is considered inactive. Any base owned by an inactive player is subject for removal, unless staff is notified or a post has been made in the Holiday thread.Usage of chat: Chat rules apply to in-game and Discord voice/chat.
Forum: All chat rules apply on the forums. Click on the "Forum Rules" Tab for more information.Proof: To ensure you have read the rules contained herein, you must include this code “#BlameDragon” in the Additional Questions section of your application. If you fail to include this proof prior to submitting your application, you can submit a comment on your application. Your application submissions can be found here (Must be logged in).Minecraft Account: You may not have multiple accounts whitelisted to this server. If you are in a particular situation, such as a couple living together and both gaming, please speak with a staff member.
- No abusing or disrespecting other players, including staff.
- No excessive swearing. Swearing at others is prohibited.
- No racist, anti-LGBTQ+, sexist, anti-religion, or otherwise offensive content.
- No overly political or religious topics.
- No spamming.
- No arguing in public chat/channels; take it to private messages.
- No advertising (this includes other servers)
- Self-promoting Twitch or YouTube channels is allowed only when related to Vanilla Tyme.
Stalls and ShopsWe have a market area in our server where you can sell/trade anything. You are required to start a market stall before you can claim a Shop plot. Everyone is required to start at a stall. You are required to keep your stall/shop active or it will be taken down. You are required to follow the rules below.Why do I need a stall?
Claiming a stall
- The purpose of the stalls is to see if you are active and responsible enough to upkeep your own show so that we don’t have inactive shops.
Can I edit the stall?
- Anyone can claim a stall, just simply go to an empty stall, replace empty sign and write your name and date of claim.
When can I get a shop plot?
- You are permitted to change the design of the stall slightly. You are prohibited from adding additional chests to your stall.
Moving from stall to shop
- You must have a stall for at least two week. When your two weeks are up you will see a sign in front of your stall saying you have staff approval to claim a shop plot. When you have staff approval you can claim any empty Shop plot doing the same, replace empty sign and add your name and date of claim.
- When leaving your stall you must empty all your contents and leave the stall how you originally found it, this includes removing all signs. You may have your stall up while you are building you shop for up to two weeks. This ensures you dont have a shop and a stall at the same time, which is prohibited.
Is redstone allowed in the market area?
- An organized free flowing, fair shopping district is what we’re aiming for, there are clearly marked plot locations for your build. All plot build are not to exceed 20×20, it is ok if it goes over by five blocks but cant go over any further. Maximum build height from area ground is 54 blocks and a maximum of 10 blocks under. The remaining space around your plot is for terraform to match surrounding areas not your shop and for paths for moving around the shop district. Lastly all shops must be properly lit so no mobs spawn.
What determines an active Shop/Stall?
- Redstone builds are prohibited.
- An active Shop or Stall means you are checking your chests, collecting payments and keeping it stocked. If your Shop/Stall does not meet these requirements within 30 days all items will be donated to spawn materials.